Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Feels Like A New Start

I was excited in February as I was approved for my first conference/business trip. Of all places to end up - Boston! I really like it there. I seem to be drawn to cities that preserve a lot of history (hence the uplifting feel of walking past the liberty bell everyday to and from work). I finally got to go last week. The Boston Marathon had just happened a week prior as well, so I was hoping there'd be some running excitement left in the air.

I was able to carve out time to go jogging along the Charles River Basin. It was great!! There were TONS of people out jogging too, and it was 6:30 am! It really is a running town.

Despite my ability to keep up with workouts (one every day I was there) - the awful diet did me in. My first day back home I went for a quick treadmill run and it took everything in me just to get through 5k. That's not really what I was hoping for. Yesterday I was able to get outside, and even then, my time was still lacking. It feels like I'm starting over again (ok, not really, because at first 2 miles was a helluva challenge) and it's kind of disappointing. I'm in no way defeated, but I was really hoping to shave at least 26 seconds off my last 5k time in the next one that I have coming up. I still have a couple more training weeks, so here's to hoping it starts getting better.

So... even now, I am unable to find ANY photos that were taken at the Spring Zing 5k. What a total bummer! I really wanted to update with a photo. I suppose it will have to wait until the next one. I'm working on suckering Greg into coming to the next one too so he can take photos this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment