Friday, March 30, 2012

Personal Milestones

Sometimes the small, personal milestones might be the sweetest. Greg and I will have been together for 10 years next week. It's crazy to think about. Desmond also happens to turn 4 that day. I can't believe that nearly half of our time spent together has been raising children. It seems like we were together for so long before having kids, but it seems like Des was only born yesterday. Time is flying way too fast.

When I started this on Jan 1, I was about 20-25 pounds heavier than I was the day I met Greg. Not anymore! After being together for 10 years, I can now say that I weigh the same as I did when we first met. That somehow means a lot to me. Granted, it certainly does not look the same. Though, I didn't expect it to after two surgeries. After reading so much bullshit about couples fighting or the men leaving because the women "let themselves go" will not be relevant to me. Phew! Not that I really thought it made a difference to him. He's always been super sweet no matter how heavy I had gotten.

So here I am now, the weight I was when I was 19. My inital goal weight of 230 is now just 18 pounds away. I have a feeling I will need to reasses, because even though I've lost 22 pounds so far, I'm in an 18 pants. I would like to be a 10 or 12, so I'm guessing I will need to lower the goal weight. If 10 pounds per size is in fact correct, I will need to be more in the 200-210 range. I will reassess once I make my goal. Hopefully that will be in a couple more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment